Snipbar is a lightweight menu bar app for MacOS which makes using Snipline even better.
Snipbar works alongside your regular Snipline workflow but has the following advantages.
- Lightweight - Less than 6mb in size at the time of writing and averages around 50mb in RAM usage.
- Efficient - Written in Swift, Snipbar gives you native performance.
- Seemless context switching - You can stay in your current window while copying shell commands.
- Custom keyboard shortcut - Set a custom keyboard shortcut to instantly open the app.
- Dark mode - Snipbar uses native MacOS UI elements so it works with both light/dark modes.
- Offline availability - Once signed in your snippets are saved to your Mac - no internet required!
There are a few limitations with Snipbar. Most importantly, you will still need to have Snipline installed or use the web app to add or edit existing snippets. This is because Snipbar's focus is searching and copying existing snippets.
Read on for how to get set up with Snipbar.